Effective Date: Jan 16, 2017.
- The Information We Collect
Fotofami collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us, including any information that may be contained in videos, comments, or other submissions you upload or post to the Services. Fotofami may collect information from you in the context of:
- Account registration and administration of your Fotofami account;
- Uploads or posts to the Services;
- Contest registration and prize acceptance;
- Customer support and technical assistance;
- Processing your order for products or services offered by Fotofami;
- Registration of your Fotofami products;
- Providing updates to you regarding your Fotofami products;
- Obtaining Fotofami device firmware and application software updates;
- Newsletter subscriptions;
- Access to Fotofami products or services on social networks or third party services;
- Services provided online, by way of your mobile device or the Fotofami software; and
- Other uses of the Services where information is requested for use and/or participation.
The specific types of information collected will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and what you choose to provide and may include your full name, email address, phone number, product serial number, home address, mobile phone number, credit card information, shipping address, gender, birth date, and zip code. Our mobile services may request your Wi-Fi network name and access to your photos and videos to enable you to download photos and videos to your Fotofami Memories device or upload photos and videos to your social media accounts. When you shop through our web store, we may collect data such as the purchases you have made, items in your shopping cart, and how often you make purchases.
- Information We Automatically Collect
When you use Fotofami’s Services that connect to the Internet, including, but not limited to, when you access the Services via Fotofami devices, applications (web, mobile software), your Fotofami account, and our web sites and web store, we may collect certain information as described below for such purposes as improvement of our products and software services, troubleshooting bugs, providing the Services, managing the Services, security and monitoring purposes, tracking and analyzing usage, providing content for referring traffic sources and improving overall performance of the Services. We may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
We may collect and store this information in a way that it is linked to you personally, unless you have chosen to opt out.
When you use our websites (including our web store), we may collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information. We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site, and to improve the content of our website to better match the interests of our website users.
When you connect your Fotofami device to App software, we may automatically receive certain information about your Fotofami device and your use of it, including serial number, firmware version, log files, settings, error rates, and other similar usage information. This information helps us to improve our products and services, troubleshoot bugs, and analyze errors.
Mobile Software Applications
When you use a Fotofami mobile application we may automatically receive certain information about your mobile device and use of the application, including a mobile device identifier (e.g., a UDID or IDFA on Apple products like the iPhone and iPad), operating system, version, and other similar information, such as time spent in different portions of the Fotofami mobile application. We may also collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), as detailed further below.
When you install our mobile applications, you will be asked to grant access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation information (i.e., your real-time geographic location), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want it to provide us with location information, you can disable the GPS or other location functions on your mobile device, provided your mobile device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Information from Other Sources
What are cookies?
visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org for details.
Types of cookies we use
There are four different types of cookies we use:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services (e.g., to enable you to log-in to secure areas of our websites or use a shopping cart). These cookies are necessary for the Services to operate properly. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided. We want you to understand these essential cookies, and why we use them, but we don’t need to get your consent to use them on our Services as we use these cookies only to provide you with services that you have requested.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow our Services to remember choices you make, such as: remembering your username, preferences and settings; remembering if you’ve filled in a survey or taken part in a poll or contest or otherwise reacted to something on through the Services, so you’re not asked to do it again; remembering if you’ve used any of our Services before; restricting the number of time you are shown a particular advertisement; remembering your location; and enabling social media components like Facebook or Twitter. The aim of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience so that you don’t have to reset your preferences each time you use our Services.
- Analytical/Customization cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use and interact with our Services, for instance which pages they go to most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language, country, or region). These cookies helps us improve the way our websites work and provide a better, personalized user experience.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a website. We (and third-party advertising platforms or networks) may use this information to make our websites, content, and advertisements displayed on them more relevant to your interests (this is sometimes called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising). These types of cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
How long do cookies stay on my device?
Some cookies operate from the time you visit a Fotofami website or to the end of that particular web-browsing session. These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your internet browser. These cookies are called “session” cookies.
Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions — they do not expire when you close your browser. These cookies are called “persistent” cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie.
Third party cookies
We used trusted partners like DoubleClick and Google AdWords to help us service advertising, and analytics companies like Google Analytics who may place cookies on your device. We also pull through content from social networks into our own pages, such as embedded Twitter feeds. The social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest and Google Plus may themselves also put cookies on your machine.
We also use Google Analytics on our Services to help us analyse how our Services are used. Google Analytics uses performance cookies to track visitor interactions. All of this information is anonymised.
We have little control over these ‘third party’ cookies, so we suggest that you check the respective privacy policies for these external services to help you understand what data these organisations hold about you and what they do with it.
Google AdWords: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549116?hl=en
Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Google Tag Manager: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/faq/
Our use of Web Beacons
We may also use electronic images known as web beacons on our Services – sometimes called “clear GIFs”, “single-pixel GIFs”, or “web bugs”. Web beacons are used to deliver cookies on our Services, count clicks/users/visitors, and deliver co-branded content or services. We may include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
- Online Advertising and Analytics
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to online marketing, as described in the following section.
We do not serve third party advertisements to you while using Fotofami.com. However, we do work with website analytics and advertising partners, including Google, Doubleclick， Facebook, to deliver Fotofami advertisements on third party publisher websites – these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser. These cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you Fotofami advertisements elsewhere on the Internet, and so that our analytics software can measure your engagement and interactions while using Fotofami.com. In this way, ad servers may compile anonymous, de-identified information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw our advertisements, whether or not you interacted with our advertisements, and actions performed on subsequent visits to Fotofami.com. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you, and it allows Fotofami to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns and the usability of our website. In other words, we use analytics data in concert with data about our online ads that have been shown using the Google Display Network, DoubleClick for Advertisers, or other online advertising networks. By doing so, we can understand how anonymous users interacted with our website after seeing our ads.
- Uses of Information
Fotofami may use the information it collects for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Service Improvement – As discussed throughout this Policy, we will use information to understand how users interact with our Services and advertisements, provide tailored content and advertising, improve the overall Fotofami customer and product experience, and perform research and analytics.
- Fotofami Personalization Services – Unless you opt out, we may combine automatically collected information with identifiable information we have collected about you (including your Fotofami device serial number and email address). By associating this data with you personally, we can further personalize and improve the Services for you, such as by providing personalized customer support, delivering in-application messages and promotions, recommending features, and tailoring content and advertising to you.
- Order-Related Communications – If you place an order, we will use your name and email address to send you an order confirmation email, a shipping confirmation email, and customer satisfaction emails. If you do not wish to participate in customer satisfaction emails, you may opt out of such emails upon receipt by clicking “Unsubscribe” link contained in the email.
- Customer Service – Based upon the information you provide us at the time of Fotofami account registration or purchase, we will send you a confirmation email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your Fotofami account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
- Newsletters, Special Offers and Updates – We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special promotions, contests, events, and opportunities to interact with Fotofami and our community. You can sign up to receive these emails from us on our newsletter sign up page and/or during checkout while purchasing a product. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option NOT to receive these types of communications.
- Service-Related Announcements – We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email, push notification, or an in application or web based communication. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature..
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Fotofami does NOT share, sell, rent or trade information (unless it has been anonymized or de-identified) with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and will only share information as outlined below or with your consent.
- Customer Reviews
- Children’s Privacy
Fotofami’s Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and if we become aware of such collection, we will take reasonable steps to delete any such information as soon as practicable.
- How we Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information based on its sensitivity. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.